As you well know, labour contracts are voluntary agreements between a company and the worker in question. The latter undertakes responsibilities to perform certain services under the former’s direction in exchange for remuneration.
Thus, for the contract to be lawful and valid, both parties must agree, and these requirements must be within the framework of the law.
And of course, there are different employment contracts, see which are the main ones according to their duration. In this sense, if you have any type of doubt or uncertain situation with your employment contracts, do not hesitate to go to our law firm.
Employment contracts for an indefinite period
These employment contracts are commonly known as fixed contracts, which, as their name indicates, do not have a stipulated expiration date. Within this type of contracts are the contracts for regular indefinitely, employment contract fixed discontinuous and indefinite contract support to entrepreneurs.
Fixed-term employment contracts
As you will deduce, this type of employment contract provides for an end date. And apparently, they are the most abundant today. But the conclusion of fixed-term contracts is subject to some of the circumstances provided by law, giving rise to different types of fixed duration.
- Internship contract: it is intended for people with a university degree, intermediate or higher level training cycle, and obtained in the last four months. The purpose of these is formative, and therefore that the worker adopts an adequate professional practice and following his studies. Its duration is between 6 months and two years.
- The contract for training and learning. The difference that it has with the internship contract is that for the celebration of this, it is not necessary to have an academic degree even though its main objective is training. Likewise, this type of training contract is aimed at people between 16 and 21 years old.
- The contract for specific work or service. This is uncertain, as it does not expire until the work or service in question is completed. It is used mainly for the construction sector.
- Contracts for circumstances of production. This contract is required for special labour needs during specific periods, for example: at Christmas, sales etc.
- Interim contract. The main objective of this employment contract is to replace a worker who has the right to reserve a job or fill a vacant place in the absence of a worker.
- Relief contract. The purpose of this employment contract is for a worker to cover the rest of the day that another employee leaves vacant upon partial retirement.
Although all of them are the most important, there are also other types of employment contracts. Likewise, if you have any type of doubt about your employment contract or your situation requires professionals’ help to resolve any type of conflict, do not hesitate to contact our law firm. We will listen to you and advise you to reach a satisfactory situation.…Continue Reading